5 Feb 2013

Relaxer Update

I thoroughly detangled my hair the night before my relaxer, making sure my new growth was also properly detangled. I pre-sectioned my hair and twisted the sections and put clips on the ends so the twists wouldn't come undone. I decided to do this because last time I relaxed my hair I really struggled to part it and my hair ended up extremely tangled. I based my scalp with castor oil and put it on my ends to prevent overlapping.

I relaxed my hair with the ORS No-Lye Relaxer in normal. I gave myself 25 minutes. It took me about 15 minutes to put the relaxer on and so I had 10 minutes left to smooth. I rinsed it out thoroughly and then neutralised 3 times with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I left the shampoo on for about 5 minutes each time I neutralised.

I then did a colour rinse with Adore in blue black. This was my first time doing this and I think it went quite well. I put it on the length of my hair, making sure I didn't get it on my scalp and then put a shower cap on. I left it on for 15 minutes then rinsed it out. I then shampooed with Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo.

I put ORS Replenishing Conditioner on my hair and put on a shower cap and I left that on for about an hour. I then rinsed that out and proceeded to deep condition with my Keracare Humecto conditioner. I sat under the steamer for 30 minutes then put a shower cap on and left it on for another hour or so then rinsed it out.

I left a towel on my hair for about an hour to soak up all the excess water then put in my leave-in, Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme, and detangled my hair. By the time I had finished doing all of that I was so tired that I just decided to let my hair air dry. I'll probably straighten my hair this weekend so I can see what length my hair is.

This was only my second time self relaxing and it went a lot better than the first time. I think that next time I'll give myself 30 minutes because a few parts of my hair are still pretty under processed, even after all the smoothing, and my hair is very resistant to relaxers. Other than that it went well and I'm pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...