15 Jan 2013

Product Review: Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme

Price: £10.95 for 8oz bottle.

Purchased from: britishcurlies.co.uk


Promises: This creme is an excellent moisturizer and leave-in conditioner. Darcy's Botanicals transitioning creme is a thick, rich and creamy leave-in that will help to condition, moisturise and detangle your hair's new growth to make it more manageable and healthy. This delicious moisturising creme can also be used to do comb coils. It is hand whipped with a healthy dose of organic virgin coconut oil, organic aloe vera, and other natural conditioning & detangling ingredients.


Ingredients: Distilled Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle, & Lavender Extracts, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol (a paraben-free preservative), and lemongrass essential oil.


My review: I absolutely love this leave-in! I wait until my hair is about 50% dry before I put anything in it and then I continue to air dry. When my hair is fully dry it doesn't feel weighed down at all after using this, it just feels extremely soft and very moisturised.

I also use this as a moisturiser at night and then seal with an oil. The next morning my hair feels very soft and moisturised but not greasy, so it's perfect.
I usually hate the smell of lemongrass but I found that the scent of this leave-in wasn't very strong so the smell didn't really bother me.
This cream has a very nice consistency and is easy to distribute throughout my hair. I had hoped that my bottle would come with a pump, as that just makes things easier, but unfortunately in the latest shipment that British Curlies were sent the bottles did not come with pumps, hopefully I'll get one next time.
Overall I have no complaints about this product whatsoever and I will definitely be buying it again. It's now a staple! :)



6 comments:

  1. If you had to chose between this and the Bee Mine Deja milk, which would you chose?? I'm thinking of buying one or the other but can't decide...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would choose this. Mostly because this really does help detangle hair and Deja's Hair Milk has no detangling qualities whatsoever. They both moisturise my hair really well but I like that this is also a detangler.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for this! So, I actually bought the Cocoa Bean Smoothing Cream instead because it looks like coconut oil is further down the list of ingredients (and I want to be careful with how much if it I use because it can be drying/make the hair hard). I noticed you reviewed it as well. I hope it works for me. Btw, I'm texlaxed so your blog (one of the few I found with reviews on these products) is super helpful! Finding my staple moisturiser has been such a pain....

      Delete
    3. No problem! I hope you like the Smoothing Cream, it's a very good moisturiser. I know what you mean, it took me almost a year to find my staple moisturisers!

      Delete
    4. Haha you're so lucky it's only taken you a year. I've been looking for nearly 2 mostly cause I was natural and then relaxed/texlaxed again after 4 years. Many things work at first and then stop working after a while--or never really worked but for some strange reason I keep using it (mostly cause everyone else thinks it's good). BUT my hair is mbl/bsl now, so it is possible to 'make it' with so-so products apparently. I think you will meet your goal quickly though since you already have your staples! :)

      Delete
    5. I've heard that when you use a product a lot your hair just kind of gets used to it so it's like it stops working. I guess I'll have to change up my products every now and then so that my staples don't stop working haha. I hope you find your staple soon! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...