28 Jan 2013

Wash Day

I started off by doing a hot oil treatment with Vatika oil. I warmed the oil up in a bowl of warm water and then applied the oil to the roots and length of my hair. I left the oil on for about an hour before I washed it out.

I shampooed with my Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. I then applied Nexxus Emergencee to my hair and left it on for about 2 minutes. My hair felt a lot stronger but not too dry, I then rinsed the product from my hair and shampooed again. After shampooing my hair felt normal again, which surprised me.

I deep conditioned with Keracare Humecto (mixed with EVOO, avocado oil, argan oil and castor oil). I sat under my steamer for 30 minutes and then put on a shower cap and left it on for another hour. I rinsed my conditioner out with cool water.

I applied my Transitioning Creme as my leave in and then detangled my hair in sections. I lost quite a bit of hair, but I guess it wasn't too bad considering I'd only lightly finger combed during the week. My hair did break a lot during the detangling though. I left my hair to air dry. Once my hair was fully dry I moisturised and sealed and then cross wrapped my hair. My hair felt extremely soft and hydrated. My hair actually hasn't felt that good in a long time, so it was a very good wash day.

When I was moisturising I got no breakage whatsoever, which I was surprised by as I always get breakage when I m&s. I'm still not sure if I have actually stopped my breakage though as my hair did break a lot during the detangling. I'm going to give it a few more days and see if my hair continues to not break when I moisturise my hair. I've been thinking that it might be the fact that my comb isn't seamless. My hair isn't all one length, so it can easily get caught and snag on the seams of my comb. I've also noticed that a lot of my hair strands have splits mid-shaft. I'll keep an eye on my breakage and if it only breaks when I use my comb then I think I'm going to get a seamless comb.

My hair after taking down my cross wrap.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...