25 Jan 2013

Product Review: Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream

Price: £10.95 for 8oz bottle.

Purchased from: britishcurlies.co.uk


Promises: This is a daily or weekly leave-in to help detangle, moisturize, defrizz, and soften your lovely coils and curls. An excellent moisturizing leave-in cream which works great for all hair types. Also great as a styler for curls, twists and braids.


Ingredients: Distilled Water (Aqua), Theoroma Cacao ( Cocoa) Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis ( Sweet Almond Oil), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride ( Fractionated Coconut Oil), Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol (and), Capryly Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Fragrance, Hydroxyethyicellulose and Algin.


My review: I have tried this as both a leave-in and a moisturiser and I definitely prefer it as a daily moisturiser. I moisturise and seal at night, I use this and then seal it in with an oil like my Keracare Essential Oils (I'm trying to use it up.) The next morning my hair feels very moisturised and soft but not greasy. 

The consistency of this is about the same as the Transitioning Creme. The smell is okay, it smells a bit like chocolate but the scent doesn't linger.
Overall I really like this product and I will probably buy it again at some point. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...