13 Jan 2013

Green Tea Rinse

I did my first green tea rinse today! It left my hair feeling stronger and a bit dry, like a protein treatment would, but that went away by the time I rinsed out my deep conditioner.

For the rinse I put two teabags in 500ml of water and let it steep for 15-20 minutes. I let it cool for an extra few minutes and also topped it up with a bit of cold water to make sure it wouldn't be too hot when I poured it over my hair.

I shampooed with my clarifying shampoo - since it had been a month since I last did it - then I slowly poured the green tea over my hair, rubbing it in as I poured to help distribute it. I left it on for about 2 minutes and then quickly rinsed it out with water. I then applied my deep conditioner and steamed for 20 minutes. My hair felt very soft and was easy to detangle.

Benefits of green tea for hair: Green tea can help ailments such as dandruff and psoriasis by soothing the scalp and reducing inflammation. It is known to be a stimulant, so it can help hair grow. As green tea contains caffeine it can help stop shedding. It also contains vitamin C, vitamin E and panthenol, which all have great benefits for the hair. Vitamin C guards against UV radiation damage, vitamin E restores dry/damaged hair and panthenol is a pro-vitamin which strengthens and softens hair and helps prevent split ends.

Overall I'm pleased with the results and will probably do it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...